Friday 4 May 2012

Moments of Gratitude (The Ocean)

The Ocean

There is no doubt that the ocean and humans are intrinsically linked in so many ways. I feel very lucky and grateful to live so close to the ocean, giving me the opportunity to frequently connect to and experience its magic.

The ocean draws me in and fascinates me with its beauty and power, its mystery and its endless ebbing and flowing. It possesses a unique ability to instil calm, just by being near, listening to the sound of the waves and breathing in the salt air.

My connection to the earth is reinforced through the rhythm of the waves. ~Mike Dolan

3 comments:

  1. Beautiful image. Did you merge a sky image with the bottom part? No matter what you did or didn't do - it is gorgeous!
    I should do the 52 weeks of gratitude, it's too easy to not pay attention to what is good in our life.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Laurie - yes the sky is merged into the photo. It is interesting doing a weekly gratitude; it really does make me pay more attention to those daily little wonders of life.

      Delete
  2. i love the ocean too. unfortunately i haven't been able to get there much in the past few years. hoping to make a trip soon.

    ReplyDelete