Tuesday 20 March 2012

Beautiful Misgivings


Art:- Beautiful Misgivings

People are like stained-glass windows.  They sparkle and shine when the sun is out, but when the darkness sets in their true beauty is revealed only if there is light from within.  ~Elisabeth Kübler-Ross


This piece is done with a combination of collage, texture and acrylics.
The woman was originally meant to be complete however I over worked her face to a point that she looked a little worse for wear. So I decided to use this opportunity to fill her up with words relating to our misgivings about beauty. All those insecurities, questions and doubts that we as humans obsess about far too often. The mirrors are filled will aluminium foil for a reflective finish and the flowers represent the true beauty that we are, once we can switch off all those critical thoughts and just be.

2 comments:

  1. This is gorgeous... such a lovely combination of soft colors and a few well chosen words. I love the transparent feel of it. Happy CED! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. I REALLY love this...it's so gorgeous. I'd love to have it on my wall. The quote is so beautiful and sooooooo true. I might have to use it some time :))Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete